[OSGeo-Discuss] First Latin American Conference of Free and Open Source GIS

Maria Brovelli brvmnt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:35:05 PDT 2012

Dear Mauricio and All spanish local chapter members

many thanks for your nice answer.
I'm writing in English because I can't write in Spanish (sorry!!!) but
Indira will then contact you in Spanish.

I'm involved in OSGeo Edu and I teach at Politecnico di Milano (or better
at the moment  I'm a vice rector of the Como campus of Politecnico di
Milano). I had the occasion of meeting the colleagues from Escuela
Politecnica del Litoral in Milan and offered myself in help them in
organizing a Conference on Free and open Source GIS.
I'm also co-chair  of an ISPRS WG (http://www.commission4.isprs.org/wg5/)
and my WG could also help in organizing the conference.

Today I spoke with Rafael Moreno (who is from Mexico and now lives in
Denver and who organised the FOSS4G Academic track in Denver) and he is
also enthusiast about the idea of organizing a Conference in Latin America.

In my opinion the best is to join the efforts in such a way to maximise the
result.
Indira will contact you to discuss what it is better to do.
I'm very pleased if I can help. Anyway what is really important is to have
created this connection.
Many thanks!!
Cheers.
Maria