[OSGeo-Discuss] Talk on Copyright and Licensing for Geospatial Data

Keith Jenkins kgj2 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 13 11:18:38 PDT 2012

Hi, Landon.

You might want to look at Robert Goodspeed's recent article looking at
the response to GIS data requests that he sent to hundreds of local
governments across Massachusetts.  His article (open-acess!) has a
whole section discussing the various licensing restrictions and data
policies that he encountered:
    http://www.urisa.org/files/Goodspeed%2023_2_0.pdf

Cheers,
Keith