[OSGeo-Discuss] Talk on Copyright and Licensing for Geospatial Data

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Tue Mar 13 12:57:07 PDT 2012

I don't know of any good summaries, but there has been considerable discussion within the OpenStreetMap 'community' regarding licensing for spatial data.  OSM data was originally published under a CC-By license, but based on the decision of the OSM Foundation, it has adopted a new license under ODBL.