[OSGeo-Discuss] Future perspectives for OSGeo

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed May 9 11:22:48 EDT 2012

> Thanks for your thoughts and work. As everybody knows, the free GIS
> community is unfortunately split, more or less deeply, in two tribes
> (C/C++ and Java).

I advocate the OSGeo foundation a model of how to get different tribes to collaborate.

Admittedly we have a couple key advantages. A shared passion for seeing the world and communicating the wonders around us; open source as an enabler, and a few standards to lean on to keep to conversation pointed in the right direction.

Jody