[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: CEE FOSS4G projects

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Fri May 11 04:38:37 EDT 2012

As a number of private replies question me about the CEE definition, I'd
like to bring some clarifications. Geographically speaking, yes, Germany
and Austria are definitively in Central Europe. Though, I did prefer to
go with this definition [1] for a couple of reasons:

1. The level of FOSS4G penetration is more or less the same in the
selected countries. A country like Germany will totally unbalance the
analysis.

2. There is already a quite successful FOSS4G event for the German
speaking people (FOSSGIS).

Hope this clarifies a bit my position.

Best,
Vasile