[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G "Themes"

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Tue May 15 03:12:28 EDT 2012

Hi Jo,

Yes, I think a good conference theme is useful, both for participants, presenters and the conference organizers to help focus the conceptualization and programming of the conference. A good theme should really help to shape the conference and give people handles they can use when targeting their presentations and workshops, as well as focussing pre-conference collaborations.

I purposely said theme and not themes. Although two themes may still work well, having ten themes kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

Cheers,
Jeroen