[OSGeo-Discuss] Are there opportunities to collaborate in the GIS Portal market?

Marco Afonso mafonso333 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:47:16 PST 2012

Hello,

MapIgniter is an open source Geographic Content Management System (GeoCMS)
based on MapServer, Postgis and OpenLayers.
More information on http://mapigniter.com

MapIgniter is an Integrated Web Framework based on CodeIgniter (MVC PHP)
that, as the referred projects above, can be a solution for a GIS Portal.

*Am I missing something here, what is unique about your specific project?*

MapIgniter has solid base for a Web GeoCMS portal. It can be compared to
Geomoose, GeoMajas and Mapbender.
MapIgniter it is not attached to one web map client. Other web map clients
as Leaftlet JS or Google Earth API will be supported in future.

*Are there opportunities for collaboration?*
*
*
MapIgniter is an Open Source software available on GitHub at
https://github.com/taviroquai/MapIgniter
There are plenty of opportunities for collaboration.

Please let me know what are the requirements to be included in OSGeo Live.

--
Regards,
Marco Afonso