[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham Update

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Apr 8 03:19:21 PDT 2013

Last week's committee conference call was a bit sparse, as it was
close to Easter and various members were lucky enough to be away from
the freezing weather in the UK.

Since my last update we hit the T-6 month countdown. Things are
rapidly moving on. We are already getting registrations for the
conference - get in now for the early bird discount.

The workshop submission deadline passed and now the Workshop
Subcommittee has a job of whittling down the submissions - and there
were plenty - to make sure there's a set of high-quality, diverse
learning activities at the conference. There have been similar
workshop proposals from different groups, so there may be some
collaborative opportunities going. The team will be in touch!

Its not all work - we hope to entertain you too. We've been in
contract discussions with an agency to bring you some fun stuff to our
Gala Dinner in the GeoTent. Warning! There may be audience
participation and possibly explosions.

We're also on the verge of announcing another key sponsor.

Most importantly, the conference presentation abstract submission
deadline is the end of this week - so please reach out to all your
contacts and social networks to plug this, and give the committee a
terrific and difficult job at our face-to-face meeting in just over
two weeks time.

Submissions info here: http://2013.foss4g.org/programme/call-for-papers/

Before my next update we hope to have the community voting system
running, so prepare to vote! It's "Geo For All", so its your
conference!

Barry