[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo seminar at GWF @Rotterdam next 16th of may

Paul van Genuchten paul.vangenuchten at geocat.net
Tue Apr 23 12:37:00 PDT 2013

Hi list, i'm happy to announce the final program of the OSGeo seminar at
the Geospatial World Forum, organised in Rotterdam (netherlands) at
13-16th of may. The seminar (at may 16th) is organised by GWF in
cooperation with OSGeo.nl. Read more on GWF and the full abstracts at
the GWF website: http://www.geospatialworldforum.org/2013/op.htm. I
expect with this program we'll have a good seminar, great that so many
of you responded to our request to represent OSGeo at the event. I'm
looking forward to meeting all of you who are present next month.

*Chair: Paul Van Genuchten*, Software Engineer GeoCat bv, The Netherlands**

**

*11.30 Just vd Broecke*, Director, Just Objects B.V., OSGeo.nl board,
The Netherlands

///Navigating the Open Source Geospatial Ecosystem/

**

*Marjan Bevelander*, Senior Geoinformation Policy Consultant for
Provinces, The Netherlands*
Marc Vloemans*, Community Manager, Flamingo Geo CMS Community, The
Netherlands*
*///Open sourcing the Flamingo Geo Content Management System/

**

*Chris van Lith*, Director, B3Partners, The Netherlands

///Using standards to protect investments in Open Source GIS /

*1300 -- 1400 hrsLunch Break*

**

*Arnulf Christl*, Director, Metaspatial, Germany

///Open Data in the Geospatial Context/

**

*Andrew Ross*, Director of Ecosystems, Eclipse Foundation Inc, Canada*
*///The Next Step in the Evolution of Open Source Geospatial Software/

*Markus Metz*, Fondazione Edmund Mach, Italy

//**

*Oliver Morris*, Neftex Inc Oxford, United Kingdom

/Use of Open Source in Delivering Geoscience Content to the Upstream
Petroleum Industry/

**

*Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus*, ISRIC World Soil Information, The
Netherlands

/FOSS based Global Soil Information Facilities/

**

*Simone Giannecchini*, Founder, GeoSolutions, Italy

///Creating and Leading an SME Exclusively Based on Open Source
Software: Vision or Illusion?/

fyi Registration is still open. GWF offers a 20% discount for OSGeo
members (also for day-passes). Registration is here:
/*http://www.geospatialworldforum.org/2013/reg/registrationonline_osgeo.asp*/

Bye, Paul