[OSGeo-Discuss] Board nomination: Jorge Sanz

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 19 03:03:24 PDT 2013

El 14/08/13 20:19, Jeff McKenna escribió:
> I would like to nominate Jorge Sanz[1] for the 2013 OSGeo Board
> elections.  Jorge is a very active community member from Spain,
> with his hands into many different parts of OSGeo.  Not only at the
> project level, but he is an active representative and speaker of
> the Spanish Language Local Chapter (OSGeo-ES), as well as through
> his local area of Valencia.
>
> I've had the pleasure of listening to some of his presentations,
> and I see Jorge as an excellent global representative of OSGeo.  I
> have no doubt that through his experience, his confidence, and his
> leadership, that he will be able to give important input into the
> shape of the OSGeo foundation.
>
> I strongly recommend that Jorge become a member of the OSGeo
> Board.
>

> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jorge_Sanz
>

> PS.  thank you to Jorge for accepting this nomination during his
> vacation.  A sign of his dedication.

Thank you all for your kind words and support, specially Jeff for
nominating me.

Since 2007 I've been working on several fronts at the Foundation,
mostly on outreach, some systems admin and of course at Local Chapter
level at OSGeo-es. Thus, my areas of interest and where I think I can
be more helpful are also outreach, community strengthening and
maintaining the systems working.

I'm specially interested on giving to Charter Members more relevancy,
supporting local chapters as our feet on the ground where advocacy is
more needed, and finally to improve and boost our relationships with
other geospatial communities that share our vision.

I'm thrilled to see such amazing candidates and current board members,
and regardless I'm elected or not, I'll keep helping and doing my best
for this community I really love.

Cheers

- --
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas