[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G North America Announcements

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Wed Jan 16 04:55:35 PST 2013

It's been a topic for controversy at some other open source software
events.  I've not seen it as an issue at any of the FOSS4G events that I
have attended, but I think it's a good idea to have such a policy in place.

Doug

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Dave Patton <davep at confluence.org> wrote:

> On 2013/01/15 11:32 AM, David William Bitner wrote:
>
>  *Greetings!
>>

>> The planning committee of the 2013 Free and Open Source Software for
>> Geospatial North America (FOSS4G-NA) conference to be held May 22-24 in
>> Minneapolis, MN is pleased to make the following announcements which were
>> recently posted to our website at http://foss4g-na.org.
>>

>  DIVERSITY
>> In an effort to foster a diversity of voices the community voting will be
>> done in a "presenter anonymous" fashion. In other words, you will be
>> voting
>> for the topic and abstract content, not the potential presenter.
>>  FOSS4G-NA
>> is dedicated to a harassment-free conference
>> experience<http://foss4g-na.**org/harrassment-policy/<http://foss4g-na.org/harrassment-policy/>
>> >

> David et al:
>
> I have no issue with the Harassment Policy, but I am curious
> as to it's origin. Is it a result of specific problems at
> other FOSS4G-related events?
>
> --
> Dave Patton
> Victoria, B.C.
>
> Degree Confluence Project:
> Canadian Coordinator
> Technical Coordinator
> http://www.confluence.org/
>
> Personal website:
> http://members.shaw.ca/**davepatton/ <http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/>

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.