[OSGeo-Discuss] Gdal on python import error

saksham_kumar sakkumarsak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 03:00:25 PDT 2013

>>>import osgeo

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#14>", line 1, in <module>
    import osgeo
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\osgeo\__init__.py", line 21, in
<module>
    _gdal = swig_import_helper()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\osgeo\__init__.py", line 17, in
swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_gdal', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Hi, i am using python 2.7 and got this error while testing my installation
of GDAL
i have tried everything including adding GDAL_DATA to my environment
variables and changing my path but i am still getting error.
--Saksham_kumar