[OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination for Minpa Lee as an OSGeo Charter Member

Sanghee Shin endofcap at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 23:28:25 PDT 2013

Hi all,

It's my great pleasure to nominate Minpa Lee[1] as an OSGeo Charter Member.

Name : Minpa Lee
Contact : mapplus at gmail.com

As an active Korean chapter member, he has contributed many things to our local chapter including organizing annual FOSS4G Korea event, training and education of open source GIS and others.

First, he is a regular organizer and speaker of FOSS4G Korea[2][3] event and several open source GIS trainings. [4]

Second, he is also an excellent and famous open source GIS programmer especially in Java, WPS and QGIS. He has developed and maintained QGIS plugin called 'TMS for Korea'[5] that ignited huge interest in QGIS here in Korea. As a skilled Java programmer, he developed and released uDig plugin called 'GXT Toolbox for uDig' that extended the uDig's analysis functions drastically.[6] He is currently leading the  DBMS driver development project bridging GeoTools/GeoServer/uDig and some proprietary Korean DBMS.[7]

Lastly he put much efforts to open source GIS trainings and translations too. He was involved in developing on-line open source GIS curriculum.[8] He translated many GeoTools/GeoServer related documents into Korean and shared them with other Korean people through his personal blog[9] and was a co-translator of QGIS Korean Manual.[10]

So, I definitely believe that his enthusiastic activity will be great asset to OSGeo international community and will bring much fresh energy to us.

Sanghee

[1] mapplus at gmail.com , http://www.onspatial.com/
[2] http://www.osgeo.kr/82
[3] http://www.osgeo.kr/3