[OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination of Peter Baumann

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Tue Jul 16 04:23:30 PDT 2013

Hello,
it is an honor for me to nominate Peter Baumann [1] as OSGeo Charter Member.

I suppose that everybody know Peter Bauman first for the amazing work he make at OGC and on rasdaman project which is currently in the OSGeo Incubation Process. Peter mixes between research and business, he is professor at Jacobs University Bremen and also the founder and CEO of rasdaman GmbH. Peter is very active as an OGC member and in general in real life he is what I would call a "passionate community guy", always open to discussion, sharing his view / ideas and trying to find ways to make OSGeo projects collaborating with each other. Peter Baumann was one of the Keynote speakers at the FOSS4G-CEE this year as our president was.

I think that Peter can be a real asset for OSGeo for promoting OSGeo with the passion, knowledge and relevance which characterize himself.

Best regards,

GĂ©rald Fenoy
gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr

[1] http://www.linkedin.com/in/peterbaumann