[OSGeo-Discuss] The vote versus the bylaws [was: End the vote!]

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses pferrer at osgeo.org
Thu Jul 18 00:52:50 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Adrian Custer <acuster at gmail.com> wrote:
> 4) there is no need for a 'second'

Hi,

Just a quick note.

It is true that there is no need for a «second» but I think that is a
good practice because in a couple of days we should be facing the
decision of giving our votes to people that in some cases are perfect
strangers to us, but that are important to the community.

If someone that I Know Well seconds a candidature I assume that the
person I Know Well knows well the work of the candidate and hence I
know that the candidate deserves some of my votes.

It may not be something have written on the bylaws, but probably it
would be a good idea to have this explained elsewhere.

Bests,

--
Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses
Valencia (España)