[OSGeo-Discuss] New Charter Nominations closing in 3 days

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf at osgeo.org
Sat Jul 20 03:19:25 PDT 2013

Folks,
this is a reminder that the New Charter Nominations closes in 3 days.
Please feel free to nominate new candidates by writing an email to
cro(æ)osgeo.org [0].

We already have 32 excellent nominees [1] from 22 different countries
[2]. Our hopes for a truly global representation are becoming real.
But we also still have underrepresented regions and cultures.

Our gender distribution is as yet far from balanced. Of the current
144 charter members 132 are male and 12 female (9%). Of the current 32
new member nominations 3 are female (yay, that is 1 percentage point
better, we are improving). So we are on track and will... Oh, come on,
we can do better than this, right?

Please also take some time to maintain your Advocate Profile. It gets
renewed each year to make sure that we have an up-to-date roster. So
why not take a minute to check whether your profile needs a touch-up:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate

Have fun,
Arnulf

[0] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2013

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2013

[2] No. of nominees per country of origin
2 Australia
1 Austria
1 Brazil
1 Finland