[OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination for Dan Ames

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:03:53 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I would like to nominate Dan Ames [DA] as Charter Member.

Dan is the founder of MapWindow [MW], an open source GIS in C#. He is
an active promoter of open source geospatial in environmental
research. I met him at iEMSs conference in Leipzig [i], where he chaired
the session about Geographic Information Systems and geoprocessing
workflows for environmental modelling, with great balance between pure
open source principles and research requirements.

I believe that Dan, as a trusted ambassador for open source geospatial
in academia, would be a valuable addition to the current Charter
Member pool.

[MW] http://www.mapwindow.org/
[DA] http://gisci.isu.edu/dames.html
[i] http://www.iemss.org/sites/iemss2012/sessions_D.html