[OSGeo-Discuss] Conservancy Launches Fundraising Campaign for Non-Profit Accounting Software

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Wed May 1 09:30:15 PDT 2013

Hello,
saw this and I think it may be of interest for OSGeo. If we can, we
should help them.

Full details here http://sfconservancy.org/news/2013/may/01/npo-accounting/

Software Freedom Conservancy announced today a fundraising campaign for
an Open Source and Free Software non-profit accounting system. The
campaign seeks to raise US$75,000 to fund a full-time developer for one
year to first reevaluate existing Free Software solutions for their
viability as a non-profit accounting system, and then improve and
augment the best available system to create a new solution that will
help non-profits around the world manage their finances better.

Software Freedom Conservancy, a not-for-profit organization that helps
promote, improve, develop and defend Free, Libre and Open Source
software projects

Ciao
steko

--