[OSGeo-Discuss] Would you be concerned if the "GeoServices REST API" became an OGC standard?

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Tue May 7 00:15:12 PDT 2013

On 7 May 2013 08:58, Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses <pferrer at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've made a brief summary of this thread and sent it to the Spanish
> Local Chapter mailing list linking specially the mail from Cameron[1]
> that started the conversation.
>
> I've tried to encourage them to participate in the debate, right now
> we are receiving some responses, in spanish in the spanish list, I'm
> going to wait a couple of days and translate them to english and copy
> them in Discuss.
>
> I think that all the Liaison Officers from the Chapters should do the
> same and try to make their communities aware of this situation.
>
> Bests,

HI I won't repeat the arguments, but I fully agree Adrian, Bruce,
Andrea, Daniel etc on how bad for the geospatial community would be to
have such a broad standard overlaping existing WxS services.

We need to improve WxS services and help OGC to evolve them to current
market needs, not throw to the bin years of knowledge and community
driven efforts.

Cheers

--
Jorge Sanz