[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham Update

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri May 10 00:00:58 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 7:27 AM, andrea antonello
<andrea.antonello at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also I would have another wish. Is there a way to understand how the
> workshops were chosen.
> I see important projects missing, whereas several have kind of
> "double" or even "triple" workshops.
> Given the few available slots, I would have expected more differentiation.
>
> Would be really keen to understand the process, if there is a simple
> way to do so.

The workshop selection process was handed to our workshop subcommittee
- I've asked them to respond to these issues here on the mailing list
and personally to you two if that's necessary.

The balance looks quite good to me, where there is duplication it
seems to be different aspects of the same project - Postgis Intro and
Postgis 3d have different audiences, for example. Its possible that
other projects weren't represented in the proposals which would
explain their absence. There are a few workshops from OpenGeo, but if
you go to their website and see how much they charge for commercial
training, you might see this as us giving people the opportunity to
get some great training cheaply from some great trainers.

Anyway, our Workshop Team will address these issues later.

Barry