[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: INSPIRE conference

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed May 29 03:25:52 PDT 2013

Dear All,

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com>wrote:

> Markus and all,
>
> I'd like to remind that our (OSGeo) contribution to the ISPIRE conference
> will be a poster AND a workshop, which is a good space to present in oral
> form the contributions from OSGeo towards INSPIRE and get immediate
> feedback from INSPIRE people. For some reasons, among people who indicated
> their availability to the workshop, to now only Simone Giannecchini has
> indicated his availability to actively participate [1]. I fear that if we
> don't have more active participants, it doesn't make any sense to proceed
> and we'll have to drop the idea. If you (all of you) intend to participate
> actively, please give a sign, say in 24 hrs, so that we have time to change
> the plan.

Since I didn't receive any sign from the OSGeo community, I regret to
inform you all that I just wrote the organizing committee that we withdraw
the workshop proposal.
Personally, I think that we have wasted a good occasion.

--
Best regards,

Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.