[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham Update

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri May 10 14:54:44 PDT 2013

As an attendee (rather than presenter) of FOSS4G workshops, I note that several I consider of value are not there, while some that are not of interest to me (yes - a PERSONAL opinion :-) are.

I'm not saying the organisers have made a mistake, it may well be I'm just way out in left field. But I think we could learn from this exercise & do better in future..

I think a community vote on workshops is a good idea, and if there is good support for more than planned, I'd suggest the plan needs changing, rather than reduce the relevance & value of the event that the attendees have voted for.

I'm aware this makes it even harder to organise, but I think as a global event, (& having to travel about as far as possible to get to this one :-) it is worth the effort.

Brent Wood