[OSGeo-Discuss] inspire conference 2013 paper and workshop

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed May 22 05:39:44 PDT 2013

Hi all,

thanks to Margherita, we now know, that the presentation proposal [1]
for this years INSPIRE conference in Florence was accepted as Poster and
the workshop proposed [2] was accepted under the condition, that we
merge it together with the workshop from GeoSolution and their MapStore.

Workshop:
---------
I would like to ask all people, who are *going* to Florence and *want to
actively participate* at the workshop, put your name there [3].

Deadline: Monday 27.5.2013.
Reason for that: we need to make sure, someone will come and will
something to say.

Poster:
-------
Things have changed a bit. I already collected some informations about
our projects based on their changelogs (for my Czech presentation next
week) - somewhere I was successful more, somewhere less. Since I do not
use all our projects as power-user and since I really do not follow
their development in detail, and I doubt, anybody does, the content must
be community driven.

Apparently I'm failing with the management at this point, since nobody
started yet. I'll approach my usual way: prepare some miserable content
and wait, till other people see it and will try to fix my crude way of
content formulating.

And since it is a poster and not a presentation, cooperation will have
to be done differently. But I know my limits and believe me, you don't
want to see any graphical work from me. Who is *the* OSGeo poster expert
for such cases? Who will print it?

Jachym

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/INSPIRE_conference_2013#Paper_proposal
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/INSPIRE_conference_2013#Workshop_proposal