[OSGeo-Discuss] inspire conference 2013 paper and workshop

Just van den Broecke just at justobjects.nl
Thu May 23 02:41:12 PDT 2013

Hi Jachym and all,

Good initiative! I don't know if it is too late (busy), but I've also
added my name to the paper. Unfortunately I can't be in Florence but may
add some contribution. From 2009 on we (jointly with a.o. Lat-Lon/Occam
Labs i.e. deegree) have been doing quite some INSPIRE FOSS work mainly
on data transformation, storage, and WMS/WFSs with transformed data,
sponsored by Dutch Kadaster.

This work is available in two FOSS projects INSPIRE-FOSS [1] and Stetl
[2]. These are not OSGeo projects, but build on OSGeo products, in
particular deegree. Given that the paper is about OSGeo products would
this still fit in? I also think data transformation/ETL is a large and
underestimated effort in INSPIRE, (wasn't harmonized data the essence of
INSPIRE?), so IMO should have a place as well.

best regards,

--Just

Just van den Broecke
www.justobjects.nl