[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: INSPIRE conference

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Thu May 30 02:41:23 PDT 2013

Margherita and others.

I agree with you, that the situation has developed in a bad way. My
expectations were higher, than the general enthusiasm in OSGeo
community. Maybe we are slowly approaching into post-INSPIRE era, where
everything is set, software is deployed and there is no or only little
chance to compete on the market. Maybe, we started too late with
preparations for this event, nobody was counting with common appearance
at the conference.

I also have similar experience with the poster, since I do not have
experiences with making of posters - I know my limits here. But this
gives us more time for the next year, to prepare such poster. I think,
more cooperation with the marketing committee is needed. So I see as
height probability, there will be no poster in this year at INSPIRE
conference from us as well.

I'm still going to speak about INSPIRE and OSGeo at FOSS4G-CEE this year
and we will see, whether there will be bigger resonance in the auditorium.

Thanks all for contribution, let's start preparations for the next
year's event.

Jachym