[OSGeo-Discuss] UK Interoperability Assessment Plugfest - Reply to Mike Saunt

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Thu Oct 10 05:14:57 PDT 2013

Jody,
well said, I agree. But we may want to improve / enhance this message
some more because it is one of the key aspects of Open Source. You
want it? We want provide to provide it. What do we need? A well
defined scope of the problem (outcome of a plug-fest). To get there we
ideally want a concise user story (plan what plugs to test in the
fest). Then we need a commitment to get the funding to implement it.

As a result you get the feature you need in forseeable time - as Open
Source and for all to share.

For us Open Sourceres this is obvious but for many used to proprietary
software thinking this is not obvious at all. Therfore... /me is
preaching to the converted crowd here, sorry about that. :-)

Cheers,
Arnulf