[OSGeo-Discuss] Defining a GIO position (or attmepting to . . .)

Arnie Shore shoreas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 08:04:26 PDT 2013

Well, adherence to standards is integral to the issue of
interoperability, a critical project success factor in this
increasingly interconnected world.

And, there's no motivation for vendor lock-in, since the revenue
protection motivation (usually!) doesn't exist.  (I can tell you re
all of the verbiage I've excreted in a prior life justifying
sole-source procurements.)

Also, possibly important for the devout among us is that the Good Lord
must love standards;  She made so many of them!

AS