[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham Update

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Sep 10 04:03:24 PDT 2013

About this time next week an old blue Land Rover will roll smokily
into the car park at the EMCC in Nottingham. I will have arrived at
FOSS4G.

Steven instigated these update emails in order to keep the OSGeo
community up-to-date with conference planning after the disconnect
between the local organisation and the central OSGeo people was an
issue for the ill-fated Beijing FOSS4G-that-never-was. I like to think
the lack of communication from OSGeo central back to the local
committee saying "are you doing this?" is a measure of the success of
these updates, and of our communications strategy in general.

To my final update. Some last minute purchasing and arrangement for
the GeoCamp is going on. This week we should get delivery of all the
branded items such as signage and the all-important t-shirts. Some
last-minute programme changes are happening due to people having to
pull out, we are arranging replacements, and the change list is on the
web site to serve as errata from the printed programme.

So, I hope everyone coming has a safe journey and a great conference.
Don't forget your Robin Hood hats.

Barry