[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2014] Board Nomination for Jeff McKenna

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Tue Aug 19 06:01:06 PDT 2014

As a keynote speaker on the first FOSS4G conference for Europe,  Jeff
gave some insight information in his personal life and why he is
spending so much time in the OSGeo movement.

He grows in his role as president, he told during the speech, and I
beleive him.

I had the luck to meet Jeff for the first time in Cape-town on the
foss4G2008 conference, having a couple of beers and good food together.
A very important feature of Jeff is his ability to listen to other
members of the community and tackle political issues with humour and a
load '/ha/'.

I Hope he gets the chance to continue his mandate as president of OSGeo.
He is the right person, with his heart on the right place to fulfil this
important task.

I support your nomination and I hope a lot of the charter members
together with me.

D.

--
Yours sincerely,