[OSGeo-Discuss] Board candidate vision: Anne Ghisla

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 01:55:20 PDT 2014

Hello all,

here are some of my thoughts about my candidature as Board member.

I have finished my first term and have learned a lot, both from fellow
Board members and from the challenges we faced.

I see myself more as a facilitator than a champion in a particular
area, so I would like to continue my contribution as such. I listen to
various points of view (among Board members and with other OSGeo
members) and aim to find a solution that suits everyone.

I will continue to support our education program, with Geo For All,
ICA-OSGeo Labs and Google Summer of Code as most prominent initiatives.
I think that OSGeo's future is closely related to how many young people
around the world we manage to inspirate.

I find that involving Charter members more in OSGeo decisions process
is a priority. As the number and variety of OSGeo members increase in
time, the Board becomes proportionally smaller, and could be less and
less representative of the whole membership, despite its efforts.

I think that communication with other geospatial/FOSS associations is
now, more than ever, very important. OSGeo needs to build strong
connections with like-minded organisations, in order to progress better
on common goals.

I am willing to collaborate with all members of next Board, on the many
goals that have been raised and that I care of as well, even if I would
not be able to pursue them on my own.

I think that OSGeo has changed much since I first joined (in 2008) and
the key for our future is to be able to see changements (both internal
and external to OSGeo) and act accordingly, with the best intentions and
informed decisions.

Best regards,

Anne
--