[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2014] Board of Directors voting start

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Sat Aug 23 05:20:04 PDT 2014

Dear community

Following our schedule[1], and after two weeks of nominations, it's
time to move to the voting period. We have seven excellent candidates
and five slots available. Our candidates are, by nomination order:

- Massimiliano Cannata
- Michael Smith
- Landon Blake
- Vasile Craciunescu
- Jeff McKenna
- Anne Ghisla
- Dirk Frigne

Charter Members, you will receive in the following hours an e-mail
from the voting system with a personal link to proceed. Let me
remember to encourage you to take your time before going to the vote
to review the nominations page[2] for nominations statements, with
endorsements and related details. You should also review candidates
user pages (linked on their names) for further details.

Some instructions:

- If you don't receive the voting link on your e-mail inbox in say, 12
hours, please contact to cro [at] osgeo [dot] org
- You can cast up to 5 votes, for 5 different people (so blank votes
can be submitted)
- Voting closes at 12:00 GMT 30 August 2014[3]
- I'll send reminders for those who have not voted next Wednesday and Friday
- You should receive a confirmation mail after a successful vote

Don't hesitate to ask for any details or comments to improve the
process in the following years.

Warm Regards,
Your CRO

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2014#Board_Election