[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Google Summer of Code 2014 - ideas needed!

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:34:09 PST 2014

Hello all, and sorry for cross posting,

this year, Google Summer of Code starts earlier than usual: the
applications for mentoring organisations are already open, and will
close on February 14th.

For who is new to Summer of Code, it is a global program that offers
students stipends to write code for open source projects. See more at
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014

OSGeo is going to apply for GSoC 2014, and the first task is to set up
Ideas pages for all projects, before February, 14th. It is a little
more than a week!

The Ideas page is being built here, and shall contain links to all
the geospatial projects involved:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014_Ideas
The links from past year are commented in the wiki page. If you have
trouble editing the wiki let me or Hamish know.

I encourage developers, teachers and students to start working on ideas
for GSoC and populate the Ideas pages of the related project.
Please forward this mail, or the link to OSGeo GSoC wiki pages, to all
the interested people and projects.

If you have questions, please send a mail to the dedicated mailing list
soc at lists.osgeo.org .

Thanks everyone in advance for your contribution to the Ideas pages -
let's do our best to get OSGeo accepted in GSoC 2014!

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014

Best regards,

Anne and Hamish
OSGeo GSoC Admins