[OSGeo-Discuss] Possible CS-W Portal Opportunity

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Mon Feb 3 07:28:56 PST 2014

Paul,
I would be very interested in whatever enhancements that you are working on
for Geonetwork. I'm on the metadata subcommittee,
http://www.ncgicc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=901, for the North Carolina
Geographic Information Coordinating Council and we are looking for
methods/software to make metadata  easier to create and maintain for Local
and State government entities in North Carolina .    We looked at
Geonetwork and had similar concerns ( specifically in the area of ISO
19115-1 support).

Please let me know what you can share about this work.

Doug

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Breimyer, Paul - 0442 - MITLL <
paul.breimyer at ll.mit.edu> wrote:

> My name is Paul Breimyer and I work for MIT Lincoln Laboratory, a
> government research lab (FFRDC).  We are building what is effectively a
> secure CS-W portal interface for the Department of Homeland Security
> (DHS).  I'm writing to see if OSGeo might be interested in the portal if it
> were open sourced appropriately.  As part of this work we reviewed
> GeoNetwork: the backend services were well implemented, but we found the
> portal to be lacking capabilities that were necessary (at least for our use
> cases).  There may be an opportunity to enhance the GeoNetwork portal to
> facilitate broader adoption of the CS-W  standard.  Please let me know if
> there's interest to learn more.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Paul

> Paul Breimyer, Ph.D.
>
> Technical Staff, Surveillance Systems
>
> MIT Lincoln Laboratory
>
> (781) 981-0923 (work)
>
> (781) 879-8675 (cell)
>
> paul.breimyer at ll.mit.edu <pbreimyer at ll.mit.edu>

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.