[OSGeo-Discuss] How to edit the page of the main site

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Feb 14 12:34:33 PST 2014

On 02/14/2014 01:44 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Bu Kun <bukun at osgeo.cn> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>>     I want to change some information on "http://www.osgeo.org/local/china".
>>> However, I found I can do nothing when I login with the UserID.
>>>
>>>     Will anybody know what to do ?
>>
>> I tried myself:
>> - you have to login using the link at left-bottom of the page
>> - then again *reload* the page you want to edit and there should be an
>> "edit" tab
>>
>> Our Drupal installation is a bit "funny" here and does not bring you
>> automatically into the edit mode as I would also expect (like the Wiki
>> for example).
>
> I am not too familiar with our Drupal installation but found this
> (incomplete?) Wiki page explaining the roles:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Drupal_Portal#CMS_Permissions
> "The role defines what a user is allowed to do and what she gets to
> see. WebCom (url) votes for users to get roles."
>
> I guess you need to make a formal request to get into an editor role.
>
> Best
>
> Markus

Yes additional permissions are required. I believe there's a translators
group and a way to grant permissions per page.
I don't have time today to look into it but someone should be able to
handle the request in the next few days.

Generally yes Webcom, but if they aren't active Outreach(Marketing) can
refer to the System Admin asking for permissions.

Thanks,
Alex