[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2014] Elections starting tomorrow - no upper cap to number of new charter members

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 18 14:29:25 PDT 2014

Hi all,
Further to the last email, Cameron suggested I highlight the key
improvement to OSGeo Charter voting this year.
That is, **there is no upper limit** to the number of new charter
members who can be incorporated into OSGeo.

So if you are involved in OSGeo, and display positive OSGeo attributes
[1], then please consider approaching an existing charter member [2]
who can vouch for you, and encourage them to nominate you.

(Note, we have just updated the Election 2014 page which hadn't been
updated to reflect this change when I sent my prior email)

Thanks Cameron for being alert on this rookie CRO :-)

Best regards

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process#Positive_Attributes
[2] http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/members/voting_members.html

--