[OSGeo-Discuss] Funded projects using FOSS4G tools with respect to water management

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Wed Jul 23 06:46:12 PDT 2014

Hello Mauricio,

Le mercredi 23 juillet 2014 15:25:10, Mauricio Miranda a écrit :
> I've been invited to the 15th Water Web Summit [1] as an OSGeo
> representative to talk about FOSS4G projects related to water management.
>
> I'll talk about OSGeo and local communities, and I would like to show some
> successful use cases.
>
> I have been googling a lot and also asked help to Jeff and Jorge. However,
> I want to be sure I won't miss any important project.
>
> So... my question is: Do you know about a water project using FOSS4G I
> shouldn't miss in my presentation?

We at Oslandia implemented a full GIS for water management, especially with
surveying tools, and hydraulic simulation coupling.

Tools we developped and/or used :
QGIS, PostGIS, Spatialite, ROAM (mobile app), PostGIS/QGIS data versionning
tool [1], qgis-epanet [2].

We are also currently working on waste-water simulation coupling (QGIS-SWMM).

I presented the surveying part at FOSS4G-E and will present the project more
globally at FOSS4G Portland in september :
https://github.com/Oslandia/presentations/blob/master/foss4g_eu_2014/presentation_FOSS4G_tools_surveying_en.pdf?raw=true

Do not hesitate to get in touch if you need more information,

Vincent

[1] http://www.oslandia.com/qgis-versioning-plugin-en.html
[2] http://www.oslandia.com/qgis-plugin-for-water-management-en.html