[OSGeo-Discuss] OWSLib for JavaScript

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 08:12:10 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 1:48 AM, Jachym Cepicky
<jachym.cepicky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at FOSS4G-Europe, discussion was started, whether there would be space
> for generic OWS client library, kind of sister project to Python-based
> OWSLib, but for JavaScript. Nowadays, OpenLayers was taken into
> account, if you wanted to interface with various OWS servers and it
> did always really great job. But to have something neutral, so that
> various projects could relay on it, should make sense (similar to what
> Proj4js is doing).

I've started csw4js in the same spirit [1] [2] however progress is
slow.  It would be great to have an all purpose lib like this and I'd
be glad to move csw4js into it.

> Shall we setup github repository, create mailing list at
> lists.osgeo.org and go on?

If there is interest (and hands), yes!  +1 from me.

> Any thoughts, comments?

Cheers

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/tomkralidis/csw4js