[OSGeo-Discuss] Membership fee (was: Proposed process for selecting OSGeo charter members)

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Jun 24 03:33:58 PDT 2014

Folks,

I still can't comprehend what actually is being objected in the proposal
of membership fee.
Moreover, I can't understand how the fact members financially support their
organisation stands in contradiction with active volunteer-based participation.

What is the actual problem here, act of paying or amount or anything else?

What if we've never considered the membership fee and instead
we (the OSGeo) would be issuing regular calls on the mailing list:

"""
People, this month's bill for svn.osgeo.org is due.
Who's paying this time, any ***volunteers***?
"""

Questions about amount are irrelevant at this point,
because we are free to decide it will be adjuster
per country/region - we rule OSGeo, don't we.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net