[OSGeo-Discuss] linux distro preferences

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Nov 17 04:32:03 PST 2014

We use Ubuntu LTS for our AWS servers. I know it wasn't part of the
question, but we have two under very similar load, doing the same things,
one with SSD and one without- and I would definitely recommend SSD.

Jo

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM, George Silva <georger.silva at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I use Ubuntu for my servers. Some clients use CentOS.
>
> Never tried OpenSuse and Debian.
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Petr Suk <petrxsuk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I need to choose one linux distro for running our geospatial applications
>> on AWS. It means running mainly GeoServer, MapServer, MapProxy, PostGIS and
>> so on . I have my hot candidate but it's always good to know others opinion.
>> I know that it is not as simple, but please, can you just write your
>> favorite one?
>> The shortlist is as follow:
>> OpenSuse, Centos, Ubuntu, Debian
>>
>> Thanks for your tips.
>> Petr

> George R. C. Silva
> SIGMA Consultoria

*Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 7930 524 155
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform
<http://www.isharemaps.com/>

864201149.