[OSGeo-Discuss] Free GIS Day November 6, 2014 OSGéo - IGEAT (ULB) – Brussels (Belgium)

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Mon Sep 1 11:19:30 PDT 2014

Hi Maelle,

Using the name "FOSS4G-Be" is no problem for activities related with the
promotion and use of FOSS4G software.
In 2013 I organized the OSGeoGhent event [1] and wanted to organize a
second version in May this year.

The Global FOSS4G conference will start next week in Portland [2], so if
you could provide more details later this week about the venue and the
right date, we can announce the event on the general assemblee of OSGeo
next week.

Will the event be in English or in French?

Regards,
Dirk Frigne

[1] http://www.geomajas.org/osgeogent2013
[2] https://2014.foss4g.org/

On 01-09-14 17:57, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I am contacting you about the potential use of the name “FOSS4G-Be”
> and about the participation of OSGeo-fr for a future freeGIS day in
> Belgium (Website and Event):
>
> We want to organize a French OSGeo event (the so called FOSS4G-Be) in
> early November 2014, in relation with the GIS courses and masterclass
> held at the Université Libre de Bruxelles, IGEAT research Unit:
> It will be a one day event. There will be a selection of plenary
> communication related to free SIG use in public or private environment
> and 2 or 3 practical workshops.
>
> This event will cover the following 3 topics:
>
> 1) FOSS4G tools/software: Establishment/creation or storage of
> infrastructure and web sharing of spatial data
> 2) Data & Services: Presentation on the freely available data and services
> 3) Applications: use of Open GIS (also with guest speakers from the South)
>

> Would you be willing to support us and work together on this project
> and could we use the name “FOSS4G-Be”?
>
> Could the event be co-organized by the ULB and OSGeo-fr?
> If so, it would be nice to have an OSGeo-fr stand with a
> representative of the association and of its activities (as well as a
> plenary presentation if you are interested in).
>

> Feel free to contact me if you have questions or if you would like to
> share your suggestions.

> Thank you in advance for your reply,
>

> Kind regards,
> Maë//e
>
> --
> Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
> Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres CUD
>
> Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

> Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
> B-1050 Bruxelles
> Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO

Geosparc n.v.