[OSGeo-Discuss] Logo competition of FOSS4G 2015 Seoul!!

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Tue Sep 2 06:53:30 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I would like to add more explanations to Heegu's.

Logo A is basically the same one as that of FOSS4G Korea's but ribbon there.

Logo B's 'ㅅ' and 'ㅇ' means '서울' - Seoul in Korea. You can't see 'ㅅ' and 'ㅇ' correctly otherwise you install Korean fonts.

Logo C's 'ㅎ' has 2 meanings at the same time. First one is the most beloved Korean consonant 'ㅎ' and the other one is the traditional Korean dancing hat 'Sangmo'[0]

Hope this help you understand logos.

With regards,

Sanghee

[0] https://www.google.co.kr/search?q=traditional+sangmo+dance&newwindow=1&es_sm=119&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=XssFVMW-HsXtaPyHgvAJ&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQsAQ&biw=1233&bih=683

---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
http://www.gaia3d.com
Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478

2014. 9. 2., 오후 1:57, Park, Heegu <hgpark at gaia3d.com> 작성: