[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board-fr] Free GIS Day November 6, 2014 OSGéo - IGEAT (ULB) ­ Brussels (Belgium)

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Wed Sep 3 00:31:39 PDT 2014

OSGeoBrussels seems a very good name for your event. Maybe even more
appropriate then Foss4G in this stage.

As an FOSS4G conference is normally first announced, and then a call for
papers is organized, which is evaluated by a organizational comity.
OSGeoBrussels could be a good name to get an insight in the community in
and around Brussels.

I suggest we organize in 2015 a FOSS4G_BE together (French and Dutch
speeking communities.
We can involve OSGeo.fr and OSGeo.nl in this event and work on a
stronger local community in the Belgium area.

We are working on a proposal to have a devroom on FOSDEM2015. This good
be a good place to discuss the organisation of the FOSS4G_BE 2015 event.

I think we could announce both initiatives on the general assemble in
Portland next week, so OSGeo knows about the local initiatives.

Best Regards
D.

On 02-09-14 14:36, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
> [...]
>     ³FOSS4G-Be² and
>     >>> about the participation of OSGeo-fr for a future freeGIS day
>     in Belgium
>     >>> (Website and Event):
>     >>>
>     >>> We want to organize a French OSGeo event (the so called
>     FOSS4G-Be) in
>     >>> early
>     >>> November 2014, in relation with the GIS courses and
>     masterclass held at
>     >>> the
>     >>> Université Libre de Bruxelles, IGEAT research Unit:
>     >>> It will be a one day event. There will be a selection of plenary
>     >>> communication related to free SIG use in public or private
>     environment
>     >>> and
>     >>> 2 or 3 practical workshops.
>     >>>
>     >>> This event will cover the following 3 topics:
>     >>>
>     >>> 1) FOSS4G tools/software: Establishment/creation or storage of
>     >>> infrastructure and web sharing of spatial data
>     >>> 2) Data & Services: Presentation on the freely available data and
>     >>> services
>     >>> 3) Applications: use of Open GIS (also with guest speakers
>     from the
>     >>> South)
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> Would you be willing to support us and work together on this
>     project and
>     >>> could we use the name ³FOSS4G-Be²?
>     >>>
>     >>> Could the event be co-organized by the ULB and OSGeo-fr?
>     >>> If so, it would be nice to have an OSGeo-fr stand with a
>     representative
>     >>> of
>     >>> the association and of its activities (as well as a plenary
>     >>> presentation if
>     >>> you are interested in).
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> Feel free to contact me if you have questions or if you would
>     like to
>     >>> share
>     >>> your suggestions.
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> Thank you in advance for your reply,
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> Kind regards,
>     >>> Maë//e
>     >> Discuss mailing list
>     >> Discuss at lists.osgeo.org <mailto:Discuss at lists.osgeo.org>
>     > Discuss mailing list
>     > Discuss at lists.osgeo.org <mailto:Discuss at lists.osgeo.org>
>
>     --
>     Yours sincerely,
>

>     ir. Dirk Frigne
>     CEO
>
>     Geosparc n.v.
>     Brugsesteenweg 587
>     B-9030 Ghent
>     Tel: +32 9 236 60 18 <tel:%2B32%209%20236%2060%2018>
>     GSM: +32 495 508 799 <tel:%2B32%20495%20508%20799>

IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

--
Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne