[OSGeo-Discuss] Polling charter members

Gert-Jan van der Weijden gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed Sep 17 14:08:12 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm also sure all local chapters & charter members have a view, but after
the discussion (or discussions?) over the last days it's not quite clear
what's the topic anyway.

is is about:

- collabaration with any other organisation in general?

- collaboration with LocationTech specifically?

- outsourcing tasks (such as organizing large events, e.g .FOSS4G)

- outsourcing on a local or on a global scale

I agree with Puneet and Massimiliano (and probably serveral others who
dropped out of this discussion anyway) to sort of moderate this discussion
to make sure we're all discussing the same topic.

In several boards (not specifically osgeo-related, by the way) I have seen
to may discussions/polls/votes that seemed to have ended in an agreement,
but after which the question arose "OK, we've agreed,  but ... agreed on
what?"

Seems like a nice taks (for the board, iI guess) to decipher this
spaghetti-like discussion into small, manageble (and preferably appetising)
pieces.

That will encourage Charter Members & local chapters to (re-)join this
valuable discussion.

kinds regards,

Gert-Jan