[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo & GIS Day...

Nicolas Gignac gignacnic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 04:47:27 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I saw this interesting post here on OSGeo & GIS Day in 2012:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2012-November/011158.html

I am currently in Africa for one month and someone here is organising an
annual GIS Day in November. He wanted to do a formal OSGeo day with
training session, so I was woundering if someone was able to make OSGeo
part of the GIS Day in their own location? If so, how?

I think OSGeo should be part of GIS Day and show how FOSS4G can be useful
and do some OSGeo software formal presentation & training session with
OSGeo certificate (like ESRI does). I was thinking of also Skype or remote
training session in these parts of the world where local chapter are not
well establish and capacity building is a crucial need.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Nicolas Gignac
ca.linkedin.com/pub/nicolas-gignac/20/690/a42/