[OSGeo-Discuss] "FOSS4G" Philippines 2014

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Sep 24 09:08:21 PDT 2014

Hi Maning,

Your timing is good, as this morning I added your local chapter to an
osgeo.org page[1].

I'm very happy to hear of your FOSS4G plans.  Of course you might have
noticed that OSGeo is going through some growing pains recently, trying
to find ways to manage the growth of FOSS4G.  Recently the idea has been
put forward by Venka that the FOSS4G name can be used if one or more
OSGeo Charter Members are one of the event organizers.  I support that
"soft condition", and in your case, since you are a Charter Member, you
are more than welcome to use the name for your event :)

I hope this information helps you.  And I hope you keep us all informed
on the progress of your FOSS4G-Phillipines 2014 event!!!!!! :)

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/content/chapters/index.html

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna