[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGEO/QGIS Meetup at Georgia Geospatial Conference 2014 in Athens Georgia

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Sep 25 03:58:56 PDT 2014

On Monday October 6th (workshop day) 2014, I'm teaching a "OpenStreetMap
for GIS People" formatted workshop at the Georgia Geospatial Conference .

At 5:30 p.m. EST I plan on having a meetup in the room in which I'm
teaching the class (in the Classic Center - Room Athena C). 10 Minutes
into the meeting we will most likely relocate to a local eating and
drinking establishment to solve the world's problems and come up with a
plan for the group. I will leave as much of a trail as to where we are
going that is allowed by the local litter/sign ordinance.

If you're interested in FOSS4G/QGIS and you are going to be at the
conference - please attend.

If you can't but are still interested -
http://www.meetup.com/qgis_us/Atlanta-QGIS-Users-Group/

We plan on covering all sorts of topics from QGIS to PostGIS to anything
else that in which the group is interested.

  * What is QGIS?
  * Have no clue what Free and Open Source Software is for GIS?
  * Will it work with the Commercial stuff?
  * Why is OpenStreetMap?
  * When does PostGIS Day happen?
  * This stuff is Free - it can't be that good...Can it?
  * Map Server Serves Maps?
  * Leaflet? Because it's fall?
  * Make GIS Fun again? WHAT?

Everyone is welcome from companies to casual enthusiasts to the person
that didn't wish to sit in their rooms on Monday night. Once we get
through October 6th plan on a bigger meeting within Atlanta.

Thanks for your time,

Randy

--
Randal Hale
423.653.3611rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
twitter:rjhalehttp://about.me/rjhale
http://www.northrivergeographic.com/spatial-connect

*Intro to QGIS Class - October 9th 2014 - Athens Georgia*