[OSGeo-Discuss] "Building up Open Access, Open Education and Open Data for Open Science" - Presentations now online

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 30 03:09:26 PDT 2014

Dear All,

The recordings of presentations for OSGIS 2014 "Building up Open Access, Open Education and Open Data for Open Science"  are now available at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/osgis/home.aspx    for the benefit of the wider community.

or go directly to http://uilapech01.nottingham.ac.uk:8080/ess/portal/section/02fba582-968a-4437-b279-f9e76072e544

I would like to invite you to watch Professor Stuart Marsh's (Nottingham Geospatial Institute) presentation to get an overview of the research in this theme at Nottingham

https://lecturecapture.nottingham.ac.uk:8443/ess/echo/presentation/80abcb78-9997-4bf6-b2e8-cf9a99c99810

and also Professor John Wood's (Secretary General, Association of Commonwealth Universities) keynote presentation on "Research Data revolution and the Open Science phenomenon" to get an overview of future research directions in this theme.

https://lecturecapture.nottingham.ac.uk:8443/ess/echo/presentation/b17563f3-97f3-4807-a824-308b6d08a4a2

I would like to thank all our colleagues and students at the University of Nottingham for their help and support over the years  for building up Open Geospatial Science.

With the establishment of FOSS4G-Europe, we will not be running OSGIS from next year but strongly supporting FOSS4G Europe.

As you might already know, FOSS4G - Europe 2015 will be in Como, Italy in July 2015 (Thanks to Professor Maria Brovelli for organising this ) to further accelerate Open Geospatial Science across Europe. Como is also near JRC and it will be also a good opportunity for planning  meeting of all our European labs to build future research collaborations. We will inform more details later.

Best wishes,

Suchith

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.