[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo welcomes 13 students for Google Summer of Code 2015

Clément Igonet clement at igonet.fr
Tue Apr 28 02:55:58 PDT 2015

Well, I think I can't be considered as a student anymore...

On 2015-04-28 10:30, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
> Dear Clément,
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Clément Igonet <clement at igonet.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> How to be considered as a student fo GSoc?
>>
>> Could I suggest my free and open source project for GSoC?
>
> I'm afraid it is too late for participating this year, but stay tuned
> because OSGeo is likely to participate also next year. In the GSoC
> program, you are welcome to submit your project proposal, however it
> is very important that you discuss it withing the mentor community
> well beforehand, in order to find mentors. Your project proposal
> should involve one or more OSGeo projects (software). You can find
> more information here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students
> [4]
>
> Best regards,
> Margherita
>
>> On 2015-04-28 08:56, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
>>
>>> Ladies and Gentlemen of the Geospatial Community,
>>>
>>> OSGeo is glad to welcome the 13 accepted students and their
>>> mentors
>>> for OSGeo GSoC 2015!
>>>
>>> We received 37 proposals from a variety of geospatial projects.
>>> Despite the lower total number of proposals received compared to
>>> former years, the overall quality was high, so our choice has
>>> been a
>>> difficult task. Eventually we appointed the following proposals:
>>>
>>> 1) GDAL: Faza Mahamood - Integration of GDAL utilities into GDAL
>>> core
>>> library
>>> 2) GRASS GIS: Matej Krejci - Improved Metadata for GRASS
>>> 3) gvSIG: Eva Rodríguez - Port Network Analysis Extension to
>>> gvSIG
>>> 2.x branch
>>> 4) istSOS: Ambrosini Luca - Scalability for Big data processing
>>> for
>>> istSOS
>>> 5) JGRASSTOOLS: Silvia Franceschi - Development of a simple 1D
>>> hydraulic model for JGRASSTOOLS
>>> 6) MapServer: Samuel Lapointe - Add productivity tools to
>>> MapServer's
>>> ScribeUI
>>> 7) Opticks: Tom Van den Eynde - Image Enhancement/Background
>>> Suppression for Opticks
>>> 8) OTP: Nipuna Gunathilake - GTFS-Realtime validation tool for
>>> Open
>>> Trip Planner
>>> 9) OSGeo-Live: Massimo Di Stefano - Integration of geospatial OSS
>>> in
>>> educational notebooks
>>> 10) OSSIM: Martina Di Rita - OSSIM tool for DSM generation using
>>> tri-stereo and SAR imagery
>>> 11) pgRouting: Sarthak Agarwal - New osm2pgrouting import tool to
>>> import OpenStreetMap(OSM)data in pgRouting
>>> 12) PyWPS: Calin Ciociu - REST interface for PyWPS 4
>>> 13) QGIS: Marcus Santos - Multithread support on QGIS Processing