[OSGeo-Discuss] Invitation to Business meeting of ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies -27th August 2015 (Thursday)@ Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Aug 2 05:40:19 PDT 2015

Colleagues,

We now have confirmation of the exact time and venue details for the next Business meeting of the ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies during the  27th International Cartographic Conference (16th General Assembly ) at Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.

Date -  27th August 2015 (Thursday)
Venue - Room 2 , SulAmérica Convention Center, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Details at http://www.icc2015.org/venue.html  )
Time - 12:30 - 13:30

The meeting will be chaired by Prof.  Silvana Comboim (Universidade Federal de Paraná ,Brazil)  who is also the new chair of the  ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies (2015-2019).

For those of you who are planning to attend ICC 2015 , you are all invited and very welcome to join the Commission's meetings and be share your inputs. Draft ideas are at [1]. Please email Silvana any inputs/ideas for the next term of the commission. We also thank all the ICC 2015 organisers http://www.icc2015.org/organizers.html  for their hardwork and efforts.

It had been my great pleasure  to get the opportunity to chair this commission in the last 4 years and i thank each and everyone of you for the support and help that you all provided for the initiatives we that have undertaken. Also special thanks to Prof. Thierry Badard (Canada) who was the cochair of this commission during this period for all his help provided to me.  I also thank the ICA President (Professor Georg Gartner) and the Executive Committee of the ICA for the strong support they all provided for all our activities including “Geo for All”  http://www.geoforall.org/  and i am sure they will continue their strong support to Silvana for the future to take this to higher levels.

I request all of you to support Silvana in her new role and provide her all help to expand our mission. Thanks again to you all for your help and support.

Best wishes,

Suchith

PS: Jeff - i understand that you are planning to be at ICC 2015 . If so, please attend this. Thanks.

[1] http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2015/07/direct-inputs-on-open-principles-to-national-policy-and-intergovernmental-agreements-for-expanding-geo-for-all/

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.