[OSGeo-Discuss] We won. It's time for OSGeo 2.0.

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 23:44:42 PDT 2015

Hi Michael -

1) Without knowing you in person, I can't say if your message is to be
intended as with a "positive" tone, or with a bitter-sweet and slightly
ironic tone ;)

Whichever way, I agree that any organization (starting even from small
groups) periodically needs to stop and consider if its current state is in
line with the external and internal conditions and -if not- try and
understand if some form of change should be applied.

2) the other consideration I appreciated is the one from  Even Rouault: it
is true that, as Joni Mitchell used to sing

"Don't it always seem to go / That you don't know what you've got / ‘Til
it's gone" (Big Yellow Taxi)

...a simple test would be for OSGEO activists (I mean guys who donate at
least half a day per week  of personal time -not paid time- to this) go on
a "sabbatical leave" for, say, six months.

then we see what happens ;)

best regards from Italy.

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org